Roasted parsnip, pear & leek
Don’t you love winter cooking! I often roast parsnips and pears with a pork dish we love although this week’s recipe and Sydney markets recipe card is a lovely side dish to any roast meat and they smell delicious.
ROASTED PARSNIP, PEAR AND LEEK
750GMS PARSNIPS, PEELED, HALVED AND CUT INTO CHUNKY PIECES
2 FIRM BEURRE BOSC BROWN PEARS, PEELED CORED AND CUT INTO 8 LENGTHWAYS
1 LEEK TRIMMED, HALVED AND CUT INTO 2CM THICK SLICES
50ML OLIVE OIL
1 TBS CARAMELIZED BALSAMIC VINEGAR
SALT AND PEPPER
1. Preheat oven to 200.c or 180.c fan forced
2. Place parsnip, pear and leek in the pan.
3. Combine oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a jug. Whisk to combine.
4. Drizzle mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Roast for 15mins, toss again and roast for 10 min again.
5. Increase temp and roast for a further 5 to 10mins until golden to serve. Have your meat ready to go and accompany with some fresh green beans also drizzled in oil and vinegar for a delicious meal.