Gino’s Chicken and vegetable Soup
Jen’s Chicken and vegetable soup.
With the chicken cooked in the stock the flavour is delicious.
You will need;
1 whole chicken cut into ¼.
4 peeled carrots, cut into small pieces.
½ celery, trimmed and cut in to small pieces
2 large brown onions, diced
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp whole black pepper corns.
1 cup macaroni pasta
2 cobs corn, microwave for mins and cut off the husk.
1 bunch silver beet spinach, washed and chopped finely, to add last.
1 small bunch thyme, leaves pulled off sticks.
1 bunch curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
Approx 3litres water.
- In a large stock pot fill with water about ¾ full and add your, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, pepper corns, garlic, thyme and parsley.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 50mins.
- Remove the chicken once it looks like it is falling off the bone and let it cool slightly so you can shred the meat of the bone in small pieces.
- Add the silver beet spinach , macaroni pasta and corn and continue to simmer for another 10mins.
- Add your shredded chicken meat back in season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.