Jen’s Crisper Vegie leftover casserole.
Crisper vegie Leftover casserole.
often you look in the crisper and think what am I going to cook?
Well here’s a great and very yummy idea!
As long as you have about 4 vegies like,
peas can be frozen type
and 1kg of diced meat you will be right to go!!!
Also need pantry items of
1 can diced tomato
1 beef stock cube
dried herbs and 2tbs flour
1/2 cup red wine.
1. place your diced meat in a small plastic bag with your dried herbs and flour and shake around to coat.
2. Drop the meat in a casserole saucepan on your hotplate to brown. Once browned add onion and 1/2 cup of wine and let simmer down for 1min.
3. Then add as many chopped up vegies that you have and mix around well. The casserole dish should be quite full.
4. Add your tin of diced tomatoes and about 3 cups of beef stock until your casserole dish is 3/4 full of liquid.
5. Bring to the boil on your stove top and then transfer in your oven on medium heat for about 2hours.
YOU WILL LOVE THE FLAVOUR AND THE SMELL AND CLEAN OUT YOUR CRISPER FOR YOUR NEW FRESH VEGGIES!