Zucchini and Parmesan Frittata
ZUCCHINI AND PARMESAN FRITTATA
1tbs olive oil and extra for greasing
1/2kg zucchinis, thinly sliced
1 garlic cloves crushed
10 eggs at room temperature
½ cup fat reduced cream
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and ground pepper
- Lightly grease a 6 cup baking dish with oil (about a 5cm deep dish)
- Preheat oven to 180.c fan forced.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring often until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl. Stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooled zucchini mixture and pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50mins until just set in the centre, slice and serve.
With a fresh green salad, this will be a yummy vegetarian meal.
DID YOU KNOW ZUCCHINIS!
# Are a great source if Vit C. This very important vitamin is important for healthy gums and also helps fight body infections.
The beta carotene in zucchinis have an antioxidant pigment that your body converts to Vitamin A. Clever you!